* Looks for ways to improve electrical engineering design and design processes
* Able to guide the development of Revit tools to improve productivity.
Project Management and Technical Improvement:
* 10% time devoted to Project Management and Technical Improvement initiatives.
* Project Management shall include project manpower estimates, project communications, budget monitoring and inputs, Organizing deliverables, setting project standards for delivery.
* Electrical Technical Improvement shall include development of typical details, specifications, and drawing standards, including development of Revit standards in coordination with the BIM team.
* Electrical Technical Improvement shall include keeping abreast of industry and technology changes and trends, and recommend changes in approach and services as appropriate.
* Electrical Technical Improvement shall include improvement of analytic processes and documentation, common solutions, and critical solutions.
* 90% time devoted to the Engineering of Projects, particularly large or complex projects.
* Engineering shall include responsibility for the Project Engineering of large projects from Concept and Schematic design through Construction Documents to Construction and Commissioning.
* Provide design inputs and reviews of other Engineer's projects.
* Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
* Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
* Perform site visit surveys to determine engineering strategies for renovation, and to document and evaluate existing systems.
* Visit project sites during construction for reviews of quality, progress, and compliance with specifications and standards.
* Engineering shall include project reviews at all stages of design
* Responsibility for the quality and timely delivery of the projects to budget.
* Mentoring of engineering staff on projects.
* As needed, provide support to Business Development, including write-up of key aspects of projects and presentation of work at industry events, and prepare fee estimates and assumptions for electrical disciplines on potential projects.
Performance measured on project results
* Efficiency and profitability of the Projects, in collaboration with other team members, and the project's contributions to overall office and firm-wide success.
* Cohesiveness of the project team, as evidenced by ease of delivery, consistency of quality and delivery tools and standards, including drawings and specifications, and team communication.
* Quality of Design solutions, as measured by level of integration, awards, unique solutions, achieving high sustainability goals, and recognition by peers as excellence.
* The quality of work produced, as measured by ease of the design and construction processes and client satisfaction.
* Client repeat business
* Contributions to bringing in new work
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential employment / hiring consideration, please email detailed resume and cover letter to Engineering Division Lead / Hiring Manager; Stefanie Loop firstname.lastname@example.org . We will contact you directly for interview coordination.
Engineering Division Lead / Hiring Manager
Phone: (916) 479-8255
Electrical engineer, electrical engineering, lighting, power, distribution, low voltage, high voltage, medium voltage, building, building, facilities, facility, commercial, healthcare, hospitals, high rise, office, higher education, colleges, universities